Krista- After Graduation Sky Diving

by Fontbonne University on February 23, 2009

fontbonnekrista5After graduation I’m going to learn how to fly a plane, go sky diving (preferably not from the plane I’ll be flying), swim with sharks, and discover a cure for the grumpies.

Ok…maybe not. But I *will* be doing something that, at times, can be as scary and challenging as all of the above. (Well, curing the grumpies isn’t scary or challenging–it’s quite easy, actually. Just hang out with me. I have a God-given gift for curing the grumpies… I just flash my colorful braces atcha.)

So, what I’ll probably be doing after graduation (which is this May, for me…*cue sad music and the sound of sniffling*) is either working for Teach for America (which I’ll find out if I made it to the next round of interviews on Tuesday the 24th! Fingers crosses!) or working on my Master of Arts in Teaching–preferably right here at Fontbonne!

In either case, I’ll be teaching or working towards teaching…which, for me, seems scary and challenging–yet, at the same time, very exciting and rewarding. Whether I’m off somewhere in America working for TFA and teaching kids or right here at Fontbonne working on my MAT, I know that I’ll be on the right path.

On a side note: I wonder if the kids would enjoy a field trip to swim with the sharks…?

Where will Fontbonne take you after graduation? Apply today to find out!