Andrew- Hide N' Seek and Rock the Vote

by Fontbonne University on February 3, 2009

in Organizations, Activities & Events

n1385910124_30140952_7216There’s so much that goes on around Fontbonne—for such a small campus, there’s always plenty of event to participate in! I really love these events, since they’re such a great way to bond with the rest of the student body. Really, all that we do here together just leads to a great sense of closeness that makes Fontbonne my home away from home.
But as for my favorite event by far? Well, that’s a tough one. I suppose calling them ‘events’ means that they should be acknowledged as organized and publicized… so I can’t include one of my favorite ‘events’. But I’ll tell you about it anyway! It was past dark on evening late last fall, and I was working on homework, finding myself stagnating in progress because I wasn’t really getting anywhere. I couldn’t focus very well, finding myself to be just too restless. With near-perfect timing, Bill Boxdorfer—teammate and friend from cross country—comes and knocks on my open door. “Hey,” he says with that tone I’ve come to recognize as denoting inevitable excitement, “a bunch of the cross country people are going to go play hide-and-go-seek!” Perfect! I had so much fun hiding around campus (I think my best spot was in the bushes outside of Ryan’s dining hall, since the seeker walked right by me when I hid there one round). It wasn’t an official event, but it was still one of my favorites.

I think I know what my favorite organized event is, though. In fact, now that I consider it, I’m certain it has got to be one of the most satisfying for me. This one took place late September; in fact, I believe the exact date was September 31st, because I wrote the date down. The Fontbonne University College Democrats, led by the marvelous Julie Paszkiewicz, had organized a “Rock the Vote” concert, in which artists performed music live in order to draw students in to register for the November elections. On a side note, apparently the Rock the Vote concert was successful enough in getting young voters, based on our new president! Anyway, at the time I was a member not only of the College Democrats club, but also of Fontbonne’s Music Club—and I managed to get the two together so that the Music Club would perform a couple songs at the concert! As a result, I played my first live show ever. I had a blast.

The events Fontbonne holds are nothing short of spectacular; they provide learning experiences that can’t be had in a class room, bringing Fontbonne to a whole new level in education and personal development. What fun!

See what other fun activities are happening on campus and get more information on student organizations on the student life webpage!