Krista-Truly Thankful

by Fontbonne University on December 5, 2008

fontbonnekristaTurkey, mashed potatoes, pie, special coffee, family, friends, and so on. Such made up my Thanksgiving 2008…it was pretty typical.

Though, despite the seemingly run-of-the-mill contents of my Thanksgiving, this holiday was anything but. It may sound cliche, but honestly, I have so much to be thankful for this year, and I was very willing to give thanks for all of the blessings in my life.

It was the first Thanksgiving without my grandpa on my dad’s side, but although nobody forgot or ignored that fact, it was a surprisingly happy and uplifting occasion. The past several months have been difficult for my grandma, and she seemed to be completely joyful to have her family packed into her small home and a long list of things to do to keep her busy–including cooking a meal for 14 people (and doing the dishes afterward!).

This Thanksgiving was definitely a time of relaxation for me. Well, other than when I got up at 4:30am to shop on Black Friday. But like I said, I have so much to be thankful for–a great family, including a little sister who is my best friend; being able to spend the 6th Thanksgiving in a row with my amazing boyfriend; looking forward to returning to my apartment at a fantastic University where I live with two of the most wonderful girls in the world; and just being here…here in this life…here to look at the ever-increasing number of Christmas lights, and the silly smile on my little sister’s face, and the hustle and bustle of students trying to wrap up this semester at Fontbonne…

May sound corny, but it’s all true. This Thanksgiving was the first Thanksgiving that I think I was truly thankful. For all the big things and all the little things and for just being here.

What would you be thankful for at Fontbonne? Apply today and see.