Sarah-Here to Learn, Not to Dress

by Fontbonne University on November 17, 2008

in Campus Community

fontbonnesarahMy biggest campus fashion pet peeve would have to be wearing black shoes with a brown belt.  I was informed by a fashion expert that that is not a kosher thing to do.  So now when I see other people wearing an outfit with a belt, I always have to check and see if they are wearing the opposite color shoes.  Some are; but then again some aren’t.  I guess it is because WE ARE IN SCHOOL.  Who cares how you dress?  I mean really.  We are here to learn.  That’s all.  Now, if fashion is what you are here to do, then that’s fine.  I’m just speaking of me personally.
I am here for an accounting degree.  That’s all.  When I get into the workplace, then I’ll dress up everyday for work.  Even now though, I have to completely dress up every day that I have work.  I feel that people take me more serious when I am dressed up.  I’m not gonna lie, it’s a nice feeling.  People tend to overlook me if I’m in college attire (jeans, sweatshirt).  Therefore, I’m not going to put down dressing up for work.  I like the way it makes me feel.

Wear what you want when you got to Fontbonne! Apply today!

{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

NaKeisha Williams November 17, 2008 at 9:07 pm

Per one of this summer’s issues of Cosmo (at least I think that’s where I read it), the whole matching shoes/belt/purse rule is outdated. There was an article on “Grandma’s Fashion Rules” that updated some of the things we hold to be true. It said that wearing different color shoes/belt/purse is a good way to highlight different accessories and express one’s fashion style. It also said that the ‘no white after Labor Day’ was not the rule anymore. The point of the article was as long as it looks good, go for it!