Mike- Dresses For Himself

by Fontbonne University on November 18, 2008

in Campus Community,Organizations, Activities & Events

I really do not have a campus fashion pet peeve.  I believe that every person has their own unique fontbonnemikestyle and way of dress.  The only thing that bothers me is when people are not individual about their style and simply conform to many other people who wear a certain style.  It bothers me when people wear Hollister and Abercrombie merely because many other people wear those brands of clothing.  Generally, I respect different styles of clothing and respect when people use their imagination to express themselves.
Personally, I have a very unique fashion style.  I frequently wear soccer jerseys and football jerseys on a day to day basis to express my love of soccer, football, and other sports.  I wear clothes that I have purchased from Mexico and Europe as well to show my love of diversity and the rest of the world.  Last week, I wore army pants, a Marine Corps shirt, and boots to celebrate Veterans’ Day and honor those who have served our country.  Sometimes, I wear jeans and polo shirts for certain occasions.  Anyway, I dress the way I do in order to express myself to others and show who I truly am and what for what I stand.

What do you stand for? Get involved with what you really care about through student organizations.