Krista- Editor-in-Chief

by Fontbonne University on October 20, 2008

FontbonneKrista

I’ve always loved reading & writing, and one of my favorite things to do, even when I was little, was to go through the Sunday Post-Dispatch (after my mom was done with it) and read all of the interesting news stories. All throughout high school, I wrote for the school newspaper and eventually became the editor-in-chief, and my favorite classes were always literature or journalism.

When I entered Fontbonne University in 2005, I knew what my major would be: English & Communications with a concentration in Journalism (a couple semesters ago, I also added a Religious Studies minor). I also joined the Fontbanner staff, and I’ve been on it ever since! Now, I’m a senior, and I’ve held the editor-in-chief position for two semesters.

Because of Fontbonne’s smaller size, it’s easier to get involved and get more hands-on experience than it would be at a larger university. As a freshman, I was able to plug-in and start writing for the Fontbanner right away. My second semester, I held the Features Editor position. I know that it would be extremely difficult to have that same role at a different school, especially as a freshman-but at Fontbonne, the classes are small and the opportunities are endless.

I’m also very satisfied with my chosen major-the classes have been great and the professors are amazing. I’ve had teachers who have written for magazines, published books, traveled the globe in their studies, work for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, and have been 5-time Jeopardy champions! (Seriously!) Needless to say, my experience with the English department (and the University as a whole) has been wonderful, and I can honestly say I am sad to be a senior!

Check out English & Communications and Religious Studies.