fontbonneuniversity

Ashley- Takes Pride in School Spirit

by fontbonneuniversity on October 28, 2008

in Athletics,Campus Community,Organizations, Activities & Events

There were so many great events that happened during spirit week. Fontbonne Activites Board (FAB) did a really great job at putting on great events for the students. 

On Tuesday, it was “Purple Pointers Pizza Day”. I attended this event and received a free t-shirt, and some of the best pizza in St. Louis. This was only the beginning of a great spirit week. On Tuesday evening, there was a women’s home volleyball game, and I was very proud to see all of the school spirit that was shown. The newly formed “Griffin Gang” came out to support our women and cheer them on while they played a local team here in St. Louis. My favorite part of Spirit Week was the superhero trivia on Thursday afternoon. At this event, I realized how little I knew about superheroes! Nonetheless, it was a great event, and spirit week was phenomenal.

On this past Saturday, I participated in the 10th annual Dance Marathon held at Washington University to benefit the Children’s Miracle Network. The Marathon was held from 3 p.m. until 3 a.m., and we raised over $130,000 for children with terminal illnesses. This event was so rewarding. I was so happy to have helped the children and their families by dancing the night away and having a great time.

Even though I will be graduating in December (7 weeks) I will miss Fontbonne and the awesome events that they put on for the students. Spirit week was a huge success, and I hope that the spirit weeks in the future only get better and better!

Don’t forget to get more information on women’s volleyball, student activities, student organizations, and Dance Marathon!