Ashley-Nothing's Better than Communications

by Fontbonne University on October 23, 2008

Hello! Choosing my major at Fontbonne was a hard process. I would like to share my story with you…
       As I came to Fontbonne as a freshman, I had no clue of what I wanted to do. I remember researching different majors and trying to make a final decision about what I was going to major in. As the end of my freshman year approached, I still had not declared what I wanted to do. As the end of my sophomore year approached, I remember talking with my academic advisor to seek advice about what I should do.  She reminded me that I only had two years of school left, and strongly encouraged me to pick a major. After talking with her, I finally declared my major to be Communications.

I couldn’t have chosen a better major. I feel that Communications suits me because I am personable, and I also love to work with others. I am really proud of the fact that I took my time in deciding what I want to do. Even though it took two years for me to decide, I am happy that I was able to make sure of what I wanted to do.
To conclude, I would like to offer a few words of wisdom: Don’t worry if you are not sure what you want to major in yet. Contrary to what many people may say, being undecided for a period of time can actually help you be more certain about the major that you actually do go into. So if you are feeling pressured, don’t sweat, just take your time, and everything will come together in due time.
Whether you’re interested in Communications or still undecided, check out all of Fontbonne’s undergraduate majors!